Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Don't Blame Me: Wet and Wild Part 3

To view Part 1 click here
To view Part 2 click here

Wow... when I first started this I really didn't realise how much WnW I had....and the items in this post have only been purchased recently. If there are any major quality issues that emerge (highly unlikely given I haven't had any issues with this range so far) I'll be sure to edit this post.

Color Icon Eyeshadow (Price: $2.00)

Pictured above are Penny and Sugar.

For those who haven't read the previous posts, the Color Icon range is the newish bit of the wet n wild range. These shadows are soft and easily blendable. Both colours are well pigmented and have shimmer as you can see below...


Penny has been widely discussed as a dupe for Expensive Pink and you can check out a comparison on Dee's blog Miss Prissypants. I have both colours as well and have to say they are pretty damn close.

I'm pretty happy with the quality of thses so I'll probably check out more colours... like Nutty and Brulee. The colour range isn't big with only 7 colours and the quality might be questionable for the purple colour Kitten which Dee also owns. I would probably recommend NYX Singles over these as an eye shadow range... but they are also almost twice the price.


Mega Last Lip Color (Price: $3.00)

Colours shown are 903C Just Peachy and 900B Pink Suga'

Top is Pink Suga', Bottom is Just Peachy

I love a long wearing lip colour but often find the formulas very drying. These feel creamy and definitely last longer than the Silky Finish lipsticks. There are 18 colours in the range and according to the company these are "highly pigmented and long-lasting lipstick that delivers rich hues in semi-matte, crème finish in one stroke. Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color has a velvety texture that glides on smooth." I definitely agree these are very pigmented and they do look creamy once applied. Not a HG lip product but er hello they are only $3.

So FINALLY... I have come to the end of my wet n wild items...and it seems appropriate to recommend my must haves for the range (that I have tried so far). The eyeshadow trio in Walking on Eggshells is a must have for me as is the Mega Glo in Catwalk Pink. Apart from that I really think there is little to lose with experimenting :)

2 comments:

  1. If you're ever buying up more of those single shadows and you see Nutty, can you get it for me? Every time I try to buy it on Nonpareil it's sold out.

    Oh, and check these out.

    http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2010/12/wet-n-wild-color-icon-blusher-review-swatches-photos.html

    Waaaaaaaaant.

    ReplyDelete