So like all people interested in beauty stuff sometimes I can be a complete
Prior to Oilatum I had been using Lancome's Primordiale moisturiser and something in that was making my skin pissy so I wanted a cheap alternative and that's what Oilatum was. In a nutshell I used this product day and night for nearly a month and my skin recovered. Now currently using my second tube I am ready and more importantly motivated to write the review.
Packaging: I love a good plain packaged tube - no issues from me.
Smell: None that I can smell- whoo hoo!
Texture: For me this is somewhere between a cream and a lotion. It is both creamy and light making it very easy to absorb into the skin. I tend to double my moisturisers as eye creams and this did not irritate my eyes in anyway. I love the smooth feeling to my skin once it has absorbed -which happens almost immediately.
Performance against its claims:
- penetrates deeply to intensively nourish irritating, dry and sensitive skin
- free from fragrances, preservatives and emulsifiers
- helps to repair your skin's natural barrier
- I did feel that this was nourishing to my skin and certainly calmed the irritation I was experiencing
- as I said I cannot smell anything
- not sure how I could prove that, all I can say is that this helped with the issues I was having after using my new Lancome moisturiser
Value for Money: You get a 50ml tube and I paid about $23 AUD including postage from a UK seller both times. I used my first tube of this day and night for over a month before it finally gave out. I think it is a great product but for me the exchange rate and postage costs are reason enough to look around closer to home or even make my own - which is what I have been learning about on other blogs.
Have you tried any Oilatum products?